Terms and conditions of use
2. Use license
Permission is granted to view, print, reprint, and download the materials on PREPARE THE WORD's website for personal or parish-related non-commercial use only. This is the grant of a license to access copyrighted material, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- reprint or post the materials on personal or parish websites or social networks without including the following credit line: Reprinted with permission from PrepareTheWord.com;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, such as including in printed material for sale, without first seeking express permission from PREPARE THE WORD or its publisher, TrueQuest Communications, LLC;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on PREPARE THE WORD's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials;
- or transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other website or server.
Your subscription or license to use the material on this website shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions. Upon terminating your subscription and access to these copyrighted materials, you will no longer have permission to use any previously downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. Communication preferences
By using the PREPARE THE WORD service, you consent to receiving electronic communications from PREPARE THE WORD related to your account. These communications will involve sending emails to confirm and acknowledge subscription sign-up, licensed-user access, payment authorizations and receipts, notices of new editorial content available, confirmation of change of email, and other posts and notices on the PREPARE THE WORD website and on your “My Account” page. These emails and postings are part of your relationship with PREPARE THE WORD. Please maintain copies of electronic communications pertaining to terms of service and billing for your records.
- i. Ongoing subscription. Your PREPARE THE WORD subscription and additional user license will continue month-to-month unless and until you cancel your subscription, or we terminate it. You must have internet access, an active email account, and a current, valid, accepted method of payment to use the PREPARE THE WORD service. We will bill the monthly subscription fee via your chosen method of payment. If at any time, you wish to cancel your subscription, please do so before it renews each month to avoid billing of the next month's subscription fees.
- ii. Differing subscriptions. We may offer a number of subscription plans, including special promotional plans or subscriptions with differing conditions and limitations. You can find specific details regarding your subscription with PREPARE THE WORD by visiting our website and clicking on the “My Account” link. We reserve the right to modify, terminate, or otherwise amend our offered subscription plans.
- i. Recurring billing. PREPARE THE WORD provides access to its website on a monthly basis. By starting your PREPARE THE WORD subscription and providing or designating a method of payment, you authorize us to charge a monthly subscription fee at the then current rate to your chosen method of payment. No additional charges for products or services fall under this recurring billing agreement.
- iii. Billing cycle. The monthly subscription fee for PREPARE THE WORD will be billed immediately prior to initial activation and each month thereafter on or near the calendar day corresponding to the date of activation. Subscription fees are fully earned upon payment. No refunds or reimbursements for unused days in a billing cycle are provided unless otherwise indicated in a particular subscription offer. We reserve the right to change the timing of our billing, particularly in the event that your payment has not successfully settled at the scheduled time, or due to other changes in your subscription. Visit your “My Account” page to verify the date of your billing cycle.
- iv. Payment methods. Please keep your chosen method of payment up to date to avoid interruption in your subscription service. You may update or change your chosen method of payment by going to your “My Account” page, or calling 800-942-2811. For certain methods of payment, the issuer may charge you a transaction fee or other charges. Check with your card issuer or payment service provider for details.
- v. Cancellation. You may cancel your PREPARE THE WORD subscription at any time. Upon cancellation, you will continue to have access to the PREPARE THE WORD service through the end of your monthly billing cycle. To cancel, go to the "Your Account" page on our website and follow the instructions for cancellation.
The PREPARE THE WORD service and all materials and software on PREPARE THE WORD's website are provided “as is” and “as available.” PREPARE THE WORD DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE PREPARE THE WORD SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. PREPARE THE WORD makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. If you believe your work has been reproduced or distributed in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or are aware of any infringing material available through the PREPARE THE WORD service, please notify us immediately.
Further, PREPARE THE WORD does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials.
PREPARE THE WORD may make changes or corrections to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. PREPARE THE WORD does not, however, make any guarantee to update or correct previously posted materials.
In no event shall PREPARE THE WORD or its contractors be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages for loss of data due to business interruption, arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on PREPARE THE WORD's internet site.
PREPARE THE WORD will not ask you to provide sensitive information via an email, and will never ask for your Social Security number or other demographic information other than the information necessary to activate and maintain your subscription service. Always go directly to the PREPARE THE WORD secure website to enter, update, or review your account information.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use, and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. We do, however, remain committed to trying.
PREPARE THE WORD has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or guarantee of accuracy by PREPARE THE WORD.
9. Use of subscriber-submitted content
By posting comments on the PREPARE THE WORD website or social networks, completing reader surveys, or emailing user feedback to PREPARE THE WORD, you agree that PREPARE THE WORD and publisher TRUEQUEST COMMUNICATIONS are free to use these comments, information, ideas, reviews, or suggested techniques without further compensation, acknowledgement, or payment to you for the purpose of developing, producing, or marketing products and services or modifying or improving the current PREPARE THE WORD service.
10. Customer support
To find more information about the benefits and features of our award-winning homily preparation service and parish-evangelization resources, or if you need assistance with your account, please contact customer service at email@example.com or call 800-942-2811.
12. Governing law
Any claim relating to PREPARE THE WORD's website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Last updated: October 22, 2015